Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Introductions: Chairman Meow


This cheeky rascal lives in the courtyard below my room. I have named him Chairman Meow. He eats whatever is lying around and spends the rest of the day looking classily dishevelled. I will never touch him (or her for all I know, but let's stick with him for the purposes of the humourous name.) Consider what it takes to get to this age and size in a country where you are fried up and served by stall workers on the side of the road!
P.S This is actually one of the better looking cats I have seen in Beijing.

3 comments:

  1. Do NOT bring him/her home with you! I shan't tell Selphie that you are seeing another cat. I can't take the punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate cats, except Selphie, she's growing on me After a year of black cat fur on my couch one can't help but become attached... BUT I've got to say this cat looks scary...what a FANTASTIC name...hate the cat but love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I saw him waiting at the door to building 9 for someone to throw him some food. We have seen others cats out front of the dining halls eating whole chicken legs, but Chairman Meow is too good for that. He is cute like the cat in Footrot Flats. You know the hard man facade is just an act.
    Oh, Chairman Meow, open your heart to me...

    ReplyDelete