Monday, January 12, 2009

Fun times at Shao Yuan International Guest House! Vol 2.


Oh, no you di'n't!


Riding the subway is mean fun, definitely my favourite way of getting around. Because we are slow white imperialist pigs, Chinese people like to push past us in queues and race past on the stairs down in the di tie (subway).
But I don't get bitter. Oh no. I turn it into a fun game.
Now whenever I am going up or down the stairs in the di tie I try to pass as many people as possible. My current record is san (three), but I hope to achieve wu (five) before I come home. Because it mostly takes place underground, I call this new fitness sensation Undertaking.
You can Undertake wherever there are stairs, and lots of people using them! I hope you to give it a try for happiness!

3 comments:

  1. Man, and I thought Waihi Beach was busy! Is there any place where you can go away from lots of people? A park? A walk? It makes me tired just reading Rose's emails about negotiating prices. I bought a camera the other day, well two actually, (similar to the Lumix at work) and I felt quite cheeky asking for a discount and free camera bags! In comparison to what Rose has shared about the culture of buying goods, we are incredibly polite. I got $70 off and two free camera bags! So much energy must be spent just functioning day to day in such a highly populated and busy place. Trust you to make it a competition, or should I say a game out of it! I bet you you can pass six people! Go on, do it! Six! Let us know! I appreciate this photo. I like to see unposed, everyday images on my vicarious holiday! Great job 86!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings white imperialist piggie! Do you get extra points while undertaking if you nudge, shove or jostle others? I would ROCK that game out.
    I can't really imagine the drive to get anywhere in such a burning rush. Unless I was late, which I never am.
    I am having a lovely holiday. I went to the library last night and got another 9 books out. Looking at my account I realised that I have read 71 books this holiday! Wooo hooo. I spend each day happily working on 'Projects', like reading, knitting, cooking, watching DVDs (that I know my flatmate wouldn't like) and a little bit of school planning. It may seem boring, but I am relaxed, happy and it is SO hot that moving around or going places just seems like a hassle!
    The flat next door had three sets of people through it yesterday, one nice young couple, one ODD man, and one professional looking lady wh walked VERY quickly everywhere. Spose we willhave new neighbours soon. We have a flat inspection on the 23rd, ohh yippee, Steph wants to check the Mould Farm.
    I hope you are doing what you want to do, and learning lots and most of all are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note: This is actually a relatively quiet time in the subway.

    ReplyDelete