Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Day that Rocked


I am feeling prolific so I'm going to roll with it and get down some thoughts about the past Sunday. We were lucky enough to have Pauline Smith from Mokoia Intermediate, who is doing a 3 month stint with AFS, come and spend the day with us. So the six of us (Myself, Rose, Judith, Donna, Pauline and Chicky) spent the day pretty much on the subway. First stop had to be the Forbidden City. It is situated right in the middle of Beijing, so the subway puts you right at the front gate. Across the road is Tiananmen Square. We were actually so excited about the Forbidden City that we didn't go and have a look there, so will have to do that another day.


The photos I took really can't do the Forbidden City justice. It's so huge. You can't be there and not feel a sense of awe and majesty. I will remember it always.

Next up we caught a bus to the Wangfujing shopping District where I did something disgusting. But that's another story.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, you can't leave that sentence hanging there like that? What did you do that was disgusting? If it is too revolting for general consumption I expect an email with all the deets post haste!

    I am loving the photo's Big Mr Zhang lan. How are the classes? I would love to hear about what you are up to at Uni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Big Mr. Zhang lan! We need the disgusting story. Rex told me that Warwick told him(! that you had a wee incident in a shoe shop...private emails to the Chief are okay but... any laughable or akward moments must be shared! If not they will be made up! Tell us about the food... can you buy western breakfast cereals? How's the "world is a village concept", effecting your food choices. Obviously globalisation hasn't effected the coffee being good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,my chief proof reader and spell checker is away overseas at the moment, so if my spelling or use of words is incorrect I shall happily refer you to him when he gets back! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, is not me sending top-secret e-mails to the Chief. All my goods go on this here blog. That is Rose. Even though i tell her to put stuff on the blog she is confuzzled. Sigh.
    I will do a big post on food shortly. I am still collating my data...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh 86, you have a secret spy in your midst, sharing top secret laughable moments to the Chief! Unfortunatly your side kick is lounging around reading on the deck and getting very used to doing nothing! So she's not going to pull a private jet out of her shoe and fly over Beijing to deal with Agent Rose. You're on your own. Good luck 86!
    Over'n out, 99. ;)

    ReplyDelete